- is more powerful than Tcl.
- has cleaner syntax and simpler design than Perl.
- is simpler and easier to use than Java, and C++.
- is more powerful and cross-platform than VB.
- is more mature and readable than Ruby.
- Has dynamic flavor of SmallTalk and Lisp.
- Google, YouTube, Intel, Cisco, HP, JPMorgan, NASA, JPL, IronPort, and more are using it!
- CPython, Jython, and IronPython.
singleton Scopes the bean definition to a single instance per Spring container (default). prototype Allows a bean to be instantiated any number of times (once per use). request Scopes a bean definition to an HTTP request. Only valid when used with a web capable Spring context (such as with Spring MVC). session Scopes a bean definition to an HTTP session. Only valid when used with a webcapableSpring context (such as with Spring MVC). global-session Scopes a bean definition to a global HTTP session. Only valid when used in a portlet context.